CAPA maintains a working relationship with the global profession and various organisations related to the accountancy profession to progress and deliver on our strategies and activities. Establishing such relationship with our stakeholders enables CAPA to explore opportunities for the profession in the region and to keep abreast of capacity building activities. Some of the organisations that CAPA has a working relationship with are as follows.
- International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC)
Recognised Regional Organisations and Acknowledged Accountancy Groupings
- Accountancy Europe (AE)
- Inter-American Accounting Association (IAA)
- Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA)
- ASEAN Federation of Accountants (AFA)
- South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA)
- International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Foundation
- International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB)
- International Accounting Education Standards Board (IAESB)
- International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA)
- International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB)
Supreme Audit Institutions
- International Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI)
- Asian Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions (ASOSAI)
- Pacific Association of Supreme Audit Institutions (PASAI)
- African Organisation of English-speaking Supreme Audit Institutions (AFROSAI-E)
- Asian Development Bank
- The World Bank Group
MOSAIC – Improving cooperation and collaboration between the accountancy profession and development partners
In November 2011, the global accountancy profession and development partners came together to sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU). Titled MOSAIC (Memorandum of Understanding to Strengthen Accountancy and Improve Collaboration), this key initiative was led by IFAC, representing the accountancy profession, and the World Bank as the leading development partner.
The MoU, originally initiated between IFAC’s Professional Accountancy Organization Development Committee (PAODC) and development partners, has been drafted at a high level and is intended to serve as a platform for future cooperation and strategic alignment between the accountancy profession and development partner community.
CAPA was present to witness the signing ceremony which took place in Busan, Korea, during the 4th High Level Forum on Aid Effectiveness; read press release for further details: [link to CAPA news article page]
For more information about MOSAIC, recent updates and other related materials, visit its website at: http://www.MOSAICdevelopment.org
The MOSAIC website is a digital hub where those interested in the development of the global accountancy profession and individual profession accountancy organisations (PAOs) can easily access relevant news and resources from IFAC, PAOs, development partners, and other notable groups and individuals.